DeviantART + Google Search Plug-in for Mozilla FireFox
[ Version 1.4 | January 7, 2007 ]
I no longer support this product.
... updated with better code and awesome icons by ~jujimufu
... added HTML installer made by `dancewiththesky Function:
Searches for various deviantART pages through Google. Features:
Now with the Beta Search included.
Corresponding icons by each search.
Anyone who is running FireFox can use it.
You can search for the following:
or anything that has deviantart.com in its url!!
You can search specific catagories now, just type in the category before the keywords (ex: ' photomanipulation suzi9mm' gives you manips with Jen's work).
Includes the original deviant art in-site search! Requirements: </a>
Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or greater.
1. Unzip the contents to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins or similar directory .
2. Restart FireFox.
3. Enjoy searching deviantART on the go.
1. Download the zip file.
2. Locate the Firefox folder from your hard drive ( most likely it is in the Applications folder).
3. Right click on the Firefox icon and choose 'Show Package Contents' from the options.
4. Open the 'Contents' folder then 'MacOS' folder then the 'searchplugins' folder.
5. Extract the downloaded plug-in's files into the 'seachplugins' folder.
6. Restart FireFox.
7. Enjoy searching deviantART on the go.
Alternatively you can use the included .html file to install the plugins without messing around your directories.
If, for some odd reason, you cannot get the search plug-ins to work, please note me with your problem, FireFox version, and basic computer info.
1.4 01/07/07 Added HTML installer made by `dancewiththesky and fixed a typo
1.3 06/09/06 Icons for each search, better code (all thanks to ~jujimufu )
1.2 09/08/05 Added beta search support.
1.1 04/25/05 Category support, new Mac OS X instructions.
1.0 04/24/05 Inital release.
Pimp it out:
If you find this plug-in useful, and want to get others aware, you can pimp it out in your Journal or ShoutBoard. All you have to do is get the HTML here and paste it in the desired Journal box. (Remember you can only use HTML in your journal if you are a subscriber.) For non subscribers, y'all can try this: [acronym title="“DevART + Google Search Plug-in”, by `hyper-psycho"][a href="[link]"]deviantART + Google Firefox Plug-in[/a][/acronym]. </a>
All trademarks, logos, and other marks are copyrighted to their respected companies/authors.